Carbon Neutrality and CarbonNeutral® Certification
To be 'carbon neutral' means a company, product or service has measured, reduced and offset all of its associated carbon emissions, to minimize its impact on climate change.
The CarbonNeutral Company has certified thousands of companies, products and services in the US and around the world CarbonNeutral® in accordance with The CarbonNeutral Protocol, providing a credible message that our clients have neutralized their carbon footprint through a rigorous process of measurement, internal reductions and high quality carbon offsets.
To certify your company, products or services CarbonNeutral®, contact Mark LaCroix by telephone (646)-367-5800 or email.
Video: What is carbon neutral and CarbonNeutral® certification?
Our clients use the globally recognized CarbonNeutral® certification to differentiate themselves from their competitors, meet growing demand for sustainable products and services, and to engage staff and investors in their environmental strategy.
Our CarbonNeutral® certification is underpinned by The CarbonNeutral Protocol, which stipulates the process and criteria companies must meet to achieve certification. The Protocol is regularly reviewed by a global Advisory Forum of leading scientists, environmental experts and business leaders to ensure it reflects best practice in carbon management.
Benefits of being certified CarbonNeutral®
Our client base of US companies and leading global brands covers a broad range of industries across the green building, manufacturing, commercial furniture, renewable energy, and many other sectors.
They choose CarbonNeutral® certification because it:
- Enables them to increase revenue and grow market share by demonstrating a strong and credible commitment to reducing their impact on the environment
- Helps them meet growing demand for sustainable products and services
- Motivates their staff and stakeholders to reduce costs through energy efficiency
- Provides an easy to understand statement for consumers and retailers that a product, company or service has a zero carbon footprint
- Attracts high caliber staff who are increasingly motivated to work for environmentally conscious companies
- Adds long term shareholder value by demonstrating a forward thinking strategy in response to sustainability and climate change
- Empowers suppliers and customers to easily choose sustainable products and services
How to achieve CarbonNeutral® certification
There are five stages to achieving certification:
1) Define the subject: There are a variety of certifications that a company can choose, including:
- Making the entire company or a single office/location CarbonNeutral®
- Certifying a specific product or product line
- Reducing and offsetting the carbon emissions from all of their business travel
- Certifying the construction and/or use of a building as CarbonNeutral®
- Making services such as deliveries, print production or data hosting CarbonNeutral®
2) Measure the carbon footprint of the subject: Find out how we can help you in calculating a carbon footprint for your company, products or services.
3) Set a carbon footprint target of zero emissions: This zero carbon footprint provides a clear and strong message to your customers and staff about your actions to reduce climate change.
4) Reduce carbon emissions: This should be achieved through a process of internal reductions, and where not possible or cost-prohibitive to reduce internally, through high quality carbon offsets. For more information see our carbon offsets page.
5) Communicate your CarbonNeutral® certification: Deliver maximum value from your sustainability certification by displaying your CarbonNeutral® logo in all appropriate places, such as your company websites, internal and external reports, in advertising, on your product packaging and your company vehicles. Enhance credibility by referring customers to a specific section on your website that demonstrates how you achieved your zero carbon footprint.
To discuss how sustainability standards such as CarbonNeutral® certification can benefit you company or brand, call (646)-367-5800.